The structure and the make-up of the programme are clearly aimed at the future which everybody within the web and multimedia businesses anticipates. This means that the emphasis is on the students working with technologies which will ensure that they will be prepared to assume many different jobs such as: Internet Programmer (web, html, java, perl), Multimedia Programmer, System Developer, Webmaster, Application Developer, Web Developer and IT Developer, etc.
The curriculum and learning objectives of the programme are based on research into the future requirements of the web and media industry for staff with a broad foundation in web and multimedia technologies. You will gain thorough insight into e.g. Databases and XML, Web Communication and Network? Sociology, Development Environments and CMS, Interface Design and Digital Aesthetics, Advanced Media Technologies, Project Management and? Security. The purpose of the programme is to qualify the students to work independently in designing and constructing web applications of all sizes.
The Bachelor of E-Concept Development Programme is a 1,5 year top-up to that requires an AP Degree for admission. For further information look under ‘Admission’.
The study programme is a 1½ year full-time programme which corresponds to 90 ECTS credits.
The programme is divided into three semesters including a company internship and a bachelor project in a company. During the first two semesters the programme you will be working with practical and theoretical areas covering the following subjects:
- Databases and XML where you analyse and use the rational model and/or XML as an integrated part of a web application
- Development environments and CMS where you make a choice between development environments in relation to platform and network. Furthermore, you must be able to choose between Content Management Systems depending on which functionalities and platform you want
- Web communication and network sociology where you may work with development of network based communication solutions across platforms, media and applications
- Interface design and Digital aesthetics where you work with the link between function and form taking into consideration aesthetics and user aspects
- Advanced media technologies where you may analyse and produce advanced media technological productions. Especially, you will work with video,sound and animation
- Project Management where you will work with the processes needed to run?an organisation
- Security, where you will work with data security
- Philosophies of science where you will study key concepts and theories to describe the relations between man, science and technology
The third semester focuses on the internship and the final bachelor project.
The company internship (normally unpaid) is comparable with a full-time job with the same requirements concerning working hours, contribution, commitment and flexibility which the graduate would expect to find in his/her first job. The aims and the objectives of the internship is decided by the student and two supervisors (one from the college and one from the company). The internship period concludes with an evaluation based upon a written report made by the student and an evaluation scheme done by the company.
The Bachelor project will take the central topics of the study programme as its starting point and can contain elements from the internship. The problem statement for the project is prepared by the student, preferably in cooperation with a company.
Try out theories and methods hands-on during your 3 month internship on the Web Development programme
Try out theory in practice
The internship will take place on the final, 3rd semester and is your opportunity to try out methodologies and theories in practise before preparing your final bachelor project.
During your internship, you will work with a given company about a practise-related problem and its solution.
CAREER AND FUTURE
After graduation plenty of exciting career opportunities will be available to you
Career opportunities within the IT business could be:
- Consultancies or software businesses within the web or IT businesses
- Internal development departments in companies and businesses of any size
After a few years’ employment, you will be able to handle overall functions in connection with planning and creating architecture for complicated web systems.
Furthermore, you will also be able to pursue a career as an independent consultant.
With a BA in Web Development, you will typically be able to find a job in internal development departments of companies of all sizes, or in large consulting or software firms in the area of web applications.
You can be employed for example as:
- Front- or back end developer,
- Web programmer,
- Web shop manager and developer,
- Internal programmer,
- Web designer.